frances.designs

Friday, June 23, 2006

Lonely Bed

I have a note/sketch book I bought a few months ago. It contains 50 sheets of paper, each sheet is divided : half sketchbook, half notebook paper. I was intrigued by the concept and of course made the purchase. Months later it collected dust in my basement-- forgotten. Last night I was wide awake and bored out of my gore. I've been wanting to find a sketchbook in which I do nothing but random doodles with page after page consisting of 100% me. Not that my other sketchbooks arent me; they're merely extensions of me and rough drafts of future art to come. I need a doodle book.... a palpable extension of my brain .... thats where this particular notebook comes into play.... Of course theres writing that goes with the bottom half of this page but I cropped it out in order to spare the viewer the agony of which is my handwriting....




-click for larger image-

Edit: I used to sleep with every last one of these things on my bed. The mother hated it, for me it was merely my artdesk/bed. Eventually I got things situated and designed my little corner to be more functional and now everything has a place on a shelf just above my bed. Except for the teddy scare. He still sleeps with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home